Staying Safe While Enjoying the Best Rides in the Area
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration recently dedicated May as Motorcycle Safety Awareness Month. In recognition of this awareness initiative, the Connecticut motorcycle attorneys at Wocl Leydon, LLC encourage everyone to consider safety and courtesy while riding or when sharing the road with motorcycles.
For those who love to ride, we’ve put together this list of fun and exciting rides around Connecticut, and some tips for staying safe while riding.
Best Motorcycle Rides and Events in Connecticut
According to the CycleFish Biker and Motorcycle Network, there are plenty of events scheduled throughout Connecticut for motorcycle enthusiasts during this month. Here are some of the best rides and events to enjoy:
Bike Night at the New England Motorcycle Museum
May 10, May 17, May 24
6:00 − 9:00 pm every Friday night
New England Triumph Owners’ Motor Cycle Club 70 Mile Ride
10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Bike Night at Angelico’s Lake House
4th Annual Motorcycle Madness
4:30 − 9:30 pm
Vindicator Cycles 2019 Charity Poker Run
Registration at 9:00 am, Kickstands up at 11:00 am
2019 Charter Oaks Rally
Friday through Sunday
6th Annual Make-A-Wish Poker Run
There are many other rallies and bike nights at various locations across the state to enjoy this month, which allow you to connect with fellow motorcycle enthusiasts. Check out CycleFish.com for the full schedule of events and enjoy the ride!
Tips for Staying Safe While Riding in Connecticut
As we move into the warm summer months, more motorcyclists will be out on the roadways with other vehicles. Motorcyclists and other drivers need to be educated about the safest ways to share the road.
EHS Today offers some tips for motorcyclists and other drivers alike:
- Give motorcyclists more space when following behind them. Rear-end accidents are especially deadly for motorcyclists.
- Be cautious in intersections. Respect the right-of-way of motorcyclists and use caution when turning left in front of an oncoming motorcyclist. They may be traveling faster than you think.
- Motorcyclists and cars should never attempt to share lanes.
- Motorcyclists should not ride when the weather is bad.
- Motorcyclists should never ride in a car’s blind spot. Drivers of cars should always check their blind spot before changing lanes to avoid colliding with a motorcyclist.
- Just like cars, motorcyclists should use turn signals for every lane change and turn.
Our attorneys encourage motorcyclists to follow the rules of the roadway and to wear protective gear. We encourage all drivers to be aware of one another and travel safely.
How Wocl Leydon Helps Victims of Motorcycle Crashes
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident in Connecticut, an experienced attorney from Wocl Leydon, LLC can help you pursue financial compensation from the at-fault party. Our team will help you understand your rights under Connecticut law, and will seek fair compensation on your behalf while you focus on your recovery.
To learn more about how we can help you, schedule a free consultation by calling us or contacting us online now.