Rear-end collisions happen every day, and nearly all of them could have been prevented. Most rear-end collisions are the result of someone’s inattention, aggressiveness, following too closely, or another form of negligence.
Some of these collisions are low-speed, low-impact “fender benders” that result in little other than scratches, dents, or other minor damage to the vehicles. Even if the damage to the vehicles is minor, the force of a rear-end collision could result in catastrophic or fatal injury to the occupants involved.
When this happens, the negligent party should be held responsible for the injuries they’ve caused.
Common Causes of Rear-End Collisions in Stamford
Some of the most common causes of rear-end collisions include:
- Inattention – Distracted driving is the cause of many rear-end collisions. For this reason, many states have passed laws restricting the use of cell phones while driving.
- Tailgating – When drivers follow the car immediately ahead of them too closely, they run the risk of colliding in the event of a sudden stop.
- Heavy traffic – Bumper-to-bumper traffic keeps all cars in close proximity to one another. If a driver fails to take the proper precautions, even for a moment, they could easily crash into the rear of the car ahead of them.
- Speeding – Speeding drivers are less capable of stopping quickly if they need to, which results in many rear-end collisions.
- Drunk driving – Being inebriated affects drivers’ overall capability to operate a vehicle, and specifically, it impairs depth perception, making rear-end collisions more likely.
- Driver Fatigue – When drivers are tired or drowsy, they may lose focus, experience a delayed reaction time, or might even doze off behind the wheel, creating a hazardous situation for everyone on the road.
- Inclement weather – Rain, ice, and snowy weather can create hazardous conditions on the road. It is the responsibility of all drivers to adjust their speed, allow for more room to stop, and drive with extra caution in inclement weather.
Stamford Rear-End Collision Lawyers Help You With Your Injuries
The following are some injuries that are often reported in rear-end collisions:
- Back and Neck Injuries
- Airbag Injuries
- Seat Belt Injuries
- Wrist and Arm Injuries
- Head and Brain Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
If you have been the victim of a rear-end collision, seek immediate medical treatment. Even if you do not believe that you were hurt at first, visit a doctor as soon as possible for a thorough exam. Some injuries involve delayed symptoms.
What Call A Stamford Rear – End Lawyer If You’ve Been Injured in a Car Accident
If you have been involved in a Stamford car accident, your health and safety are of the utmost importance. Get medical attention for any injuries right away. If you are able to stay at the scene, contact authorities and make sure a police report is filed.
Be sure to take pictures of the scene to document the condition of the vehicles involved. Be sure to get the contact information of the other drivers and any eyewitnesses. Do not speak to any insurance representatives for the other party until you’ve hired an attorney to represent you.
How Can Stamford Rear End Car Accident Lawyers At Wocl Leydon Help Me?
If you’ve been hurt in a rear-end collision in Stamford, we want to help you. Wocl Leydon’s experienced car accident lawyers are committed to protecting you like family. For three decades, we’ve helped people just like you seek the compensation they deserve after an accident has cost them physically and financially.
Our consultations are free, and we won’t charge you anything unless and until we win your case. Call us or reach out to us online now.