Wrongful Death Lawyer in Stamford
When a loved one passes away, it can be an overwhelming and painful experience – especially if someone else’s negligence caused the death. In many cases, the deceased was supporting a family, and the loss of that support can be devastating. However, there are ways to find the financial support and justice that the survivors need.
In Stamford, Connecticut, the representative of the deceased’s estate may bring an action for wrongful death against those responsible for the death.
Although there is no replacing your loved one, a wrongful death action can help you find the resources you need to rebuild your life and move forward. If you decide to bring a wrongful death action, you need an experienced and compassionate lawyer in your corner during these trying times. Wocl Leydon regularly helps survivors with wrongful death claims in Stamford and throughout Connecticut, and we understand the challenges that you are facing. In every case, we provide the skill, knowledge, and compassionate service that our clients need.
If you need to pursue a wrongful death claim, contact the Stamford personal injury lawyers at Wocl Leydon for a free consultation about your case. We are here to help. Call us or contact us online today.
How Our Wrongful Death Attorneys in Stamford Can Help Families
When confronted with the wrongful death of a loved one, you may be emotionally overwhelmed and unsure of how to proceed with your claim. An experienced Stamford wrongful death lawyer can guide you through the process and advocate for you. The lawyers at Wocl Leydon can help in many ways, including:
- Investigate the accident. A wrongful death is a serious claim that will require thorough investigation. We will work with local police, medical professionals, insurance companies, investigators, experts, eyewitnesses, and anyone else who may be involved. We will gather any evidence that your claim needs and we will prepare a claim to get you the compensation you need to move forward.
- Build your claim. A wrongful death claim is built on many details, questions of liability, and the law of Connecticut. We’ll gather the results of the investigation and prepare a claim that is as strong as possible. Our lawyers will handle everything your claim needs, from documentation to discussions with insurance companies.
- Handle negotiations with an insurance company. In many cases, insurance companies and those responsible will want to settle. However, they may offer you far less than you deserve. Remember that their goal is not to help you, but to settle a claim for the lowest amount possible. The lawyers at Wocl Leydon understand that a wrongful death action is not just about compensation, it’s about finding justice and helping the survivors rebuild their lives without their loved ones. Our lawyers have handled dozens of wrongful death settlement negotiations across the state, and we are proud to help those left behind.
- Advocate for you and those you love. During a wrongful death action, our lawyers will represent you and your interests – not an insurance company’s bottom line. We will work to get you the maximum amount of compensation possible, and we’ll fight to make your voice heard.
- Advocate for you in court. There may be cases where those responsible for the wrongful death won’t take responsibility or won’t offer a reasonable settlement. In those cases, your claim may have to go to court. A court case involves careful preparation, adherence to strict court rules, and a strong legal strategy for recovery. Our experienced lawyers can handle every aspect of the case and will work for the outcome you deserve.
At Wocl Leydon, we understand how painful the death of a loved one can be. A wrongful death can be an overwhelming and heart-wrenching experience that can turn your world upside down. Our lawyers will listen to you, work with you to build a claim, and tirelessly represent you every step of the way.
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Claim in Stamford?
Every state has complex rules on who can bring a wrongful death claim. In Connecticut, the executor, or an administrator, of the deceased’s estate is empowered by law to bring a wrongful death claim. This means that survivors such as children, spouses, and others may not be able to bring an action on their own. If the wrongful death claim succeeds, the individual who brings the claim will distribute the damages according to the will.
If you’re considering a wrongful death action in Stamford make sure that you have the legal authority to bring the claim. In simple estates, the question may be straightforward, but in larger or more complex estates, it’s helpful to have a lawyer’s advice. Once you decide to bring a claim, contact the experienced wrongful death lawyers at Wocl Leydon to discuss your claim.