Why You Need Stamford Personal Injury Lawyers to Help You with a Claim
Personal injury claims may seem straightforward, but they often are not. Those responsible for the accident may deny their responsibility, or their insurers may refuse to pay the claim or offer far less than you deserve. A personal injury claim requires documentation, medical reports, negotiations, and much more. Our personal injury lawyers know what it takes to develop your case from start to finish. No matter what the case requires, we are ready to handle it.
Our seasoned personal injury lawyers can:
- Fight for your rights. When people are injured, they need support and advice that they can trust. In many cases, insurance companies will not want to pay a fair settlement, but a personal injury lawyer knows how to bring them to the negotiation table. Even when insurers are willing to pay, they often offer far less than an injury victim deserves. Our lawyers will fight for the compensation you deserve.
- Build a strong and persuasive claim. At every step in a personal injury claim, insurers and individuals will demand proof of your injuries. It’s a time-consuming and confusing process that is easy to get wrong. However, our lawyers have decades of experience developing personal injury claims, and we will gather everything that your claim needs. We will investigate the accident, speak with witnesses, consult with experts, and more.
- Handle the paperwork and hassle of a claim. Personal injury claims can generate huge amounts of information including police reports, medical records, witness testimony, and many others. A claim depends on these records, but gathering them and compiling them can be exhausting. When you’re recovering from an injury, put your time into your recovery and let a personal injury lawyer handle the rest.
- Negotiate with insurance companies. Sometimes it’s difficult to figure out just what an injury has cost you. Our lawyers will evaluate your claim, gather documentation, and negotiate with insurance companies for a settlement. We know how insurers operate and we know how to effectively negotiate with them for the full and fair compensation you deserve. Don’t leave your settlement to chance – and don’t leave it up to the insurance company.
- Take your claim to court if needed. In most cases, defendants and their insurance companies will settle before a trial is needed. However, if your claim must go to court, it’s important to have a knowledgeable and experienced trial lawyer in your corner. Court proceedings and trials are governed by complex rules and procedures. An experienced trial lawyer will develop your case on the evidence, draft a legal strategy, and represent you throughout the case with the strength and integrity you deserve.
No matter how you were injured or where you are at in your claim, our experienced personal injury lawyers want to help. If you have been injured, get in touch with us today.
Filing a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Stamford
Our skilled attorneys can help demonstrate that the other party was at fault for your injury. During your lawsuit, we will fight to ensure that you receive appropriate compensation for your losses, which may include:
- Pain and suffering in the past and future
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost income and wages from work
- Loss of earning capacity in the future
- Hiring home health care staff
- Emotional distress and mental anxiety
- Damages for permanent disabilities and limitation of activities
- Wrongful death (if you have lost a loved one in an accident)
The statute of limitations to bring a medical malpractice claim in Connecticut depends on the facts of the case. Typically, the statute of limitations for filing a medical malpractice claim must be within two years of the negligent act. If the injury was not discovered at the time of the malpractice, then a patient
can bring a claim for medical malpractice within two years of the date from which the injury was discovered or reasonably should have been discovered. However, medical malpractice claims cannot be instituted more than three years after the date of the act of medical negligence. This statute of limitations applies to minors and adults.
Contact Our Stamford Personal Injury Attorneys Today
At Wocl Leydon, our extensive experience with malpractice claims and our record of success in resolving them make us a preferred choice for referrals from our cli
ents as well as other attorneys due to the success we have achieved in previous cases.
Whether you are injured from a car collision, a defective product, medical malpractice or a workplace accident, you need to seek compensation for your injuries by the individual or business that were negligent.
It takes more than filling out a form or asking for reimbursement to receive the compensation that is owed to you. Insurance companies try to avoid taking responsibility by paying unfair settlements or no settlement at all. That is why you need Wocl Leydon.
If you have been injured, you need our experienced Stamford personal injury lawyers to help you pursue the compensation you need so you can get on the road back to recovery. Contact our law office in Stamford, Connecticut for a free legal consultation. You can reach us online or by phone now.