A Devoted Personal Injury Attorney
In 1984, Nick was admitted to the practice of law in Connecticut and Pennsylvania. He is also admitted to practice in the Federal Court for the District of Connecticut, the Second Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States Supreme Court.
As an attorney, Nick has devoted his professional career to litigation. When asked why he selected “litigation” as the area of law he wanted to practice, Nick said, “I decided to become a trial lawyer so that I could fight and protect the rights of people who could not fight and protect themselves. When I was in high school, I protected students who were being bullied. Now I protect people from corporations, hospitals, doctors, and negligent drivers. I have the best job in the world. I hold people accountable for their wrongful conduct. I protect people from financial harm and ruin and compel wrongdoers to take responsibility for their conduct.”
For the past 20 years, Nick has concentrated solely on litigating personal injury, medical malpractice, and attorney grievance hearings. He has tried numerous courtside and jury trials to verdict. Nick has resolved many cases, by either verdict or settlement, exceeding $1 million.
“There are many people who are victims of the negligent, reckless, or intentional conduct of wrongdoers. I ensure that my clients are not victimized twice: once by their injuries and second by the legal system where insurance defense attorneys take advantage of the weak and uninformed. My duty to my clients is to force wrongdoers to take responsibility for their conduct and force them to pay full, fair, and complete compensation for every injury and damage suffered by my client, so that full justice is obtained,” Nick said.
He is a member of the American Bar Association, Connecticut Bar Association, American Association for Justice, and Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association. Nick has also been elected to a prestigious position on the Board of Governors for the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association. He serves on the Executive Committee and Medical Malpractice Committee for the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association. He has been selected a Connecticut and New England Super Lawyer for Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice since the inception of this honor in 2006. He is a Life Fellow of the Connecticut Bar Foundation James W. Cooper Fellows Program. Nick is a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum and America’s Top 100 Attorneys (Lifetime Achievement). He has an AV rating with Martindale Hubbell and a 10.0 rating with AVVO. He has also been selected by Best Lawyers in America for Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice.
Nick regularly volunteers his time to serve as a court-appointed factfinder and arbitrator for the Connecticut Superior Court for the Judicial District of Stamford/Norwalk. In addition, he frequently shares his insight and experience with other attorneys by providing continuing legal education seminars on the topics of legal ethics, evidence, trial practice, and medical malpractice. He is a founding member of the law firm Wocl Leydon, LLC.
Nick lives in Trumbull with his best friend and wife, Nancy. They have two fantastic children: Craig, who is an assistant manager in Equity and Savings Plan Investments for International Paper in Stamford, and Nikki, who is a kindergarten teacher in Southport. In his free time away from his Wocl Leydon “family”, Nick enjoys spending time with his family and close friends and fishing in beautiful fishing spots across the nation.
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Connecticut, 1984
- Pennsylvania, 1984
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1984
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 1994
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1998
- University of Bridgeport School of Law, Bridgeport, Connecticut ─ J.D., 1984
- Honors: With Honors
- Honors: Excellence in Litigation Skills and Practice Award for demonstration of outstanding litigation skills
- Law Review – University of Bridgeport, Managing Editor, 1982 – 1984
- Providence College, Providence, Rhode Island ─ B.A., 1981
- Major: History and Education
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Leaders Forum Member
- The National Academy of Motorcycle Injury Lawyers
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Member of the Board of Directors
- Executive Committee
- Medical Malpractice Committee
- Listserve Committee
Past Employment Positions
- United States Marine Corps Reserve, First Lieutenant 1981-1984
Pro Bono Activities
- Connecticut Superior Court for the Judicial District of Stamford/Norwalk