Zantac Lawsuits in Stamford
Last updated Tuesday, November 21st, 2023
What Is Zantac?
Zantac is a brand name for a drug called ranitidine. It is used to treat stomach and digestive problems, especially ulcers and gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Zantac has been available for decades to treat a wide range of stomach problems. Many people have relied on it every day. But recent studies have shown that the product is not safe. By taking Zantac or its generic form, ranitidine, you may be doing yourself more harm than good. Scientific studies are showing it to cause cancer. On April 1, 2020, the FDA ordered it to be removed from the market.
It is important to know the many different types of cancer that Zantac can cause, including:
- Stomach cancer – This is one of the most common types of cancer that Zantac can cause. Although medical professionals have made great strides in treating it, it can still be a painful and lethal form of cancer.
- Kidney cancer – Your kidneys are responsible for removing waste and fluid from your body. The chemicals in Zantac can spread to your kidneys, leading to cancer and many other problems.
- Esophageal cancer – Esophageal cancer is a serious type of cancer that may be challenging to treat.
- Breast cancer – studies have shown it to be a cause of ductal breast cancer.
- Pancreatic cancer – Pancreatic cancer is a dangerous form of cancer and could be linked to Zantac and NDMA consumption.
- Liver cancer – The liver handles a wide range of functions in your body, including breaking down harmful compounds. When NDMA concentrates in the liver, it could cause cancer.
- Bladder cancer – As NDMA passes through people’s systems, it can end up in the bladder and result in cancer.
- Lung cancer – Even though Zantac is absorbed through the digestive system, it is still possible it can cause cancer in other parts of the body, such as the lungs.
- Prostate Cancer – in those under 69 years of age.
This list is not conclusive as scientific studies continue to be completed.
If you have been taking Zantac and you have developed health issues talk with Wocl Leydon, LLC today. We understand the stress, frustration, and uncertainty that come with finding out that the medicine you rely on is causing you harm. Our experienced attorneys have decades of experience handling a wide range of dangerous drug cases, and we’re ready to listen to you.
The drug was originally developed in the 1970s and began sales in the early 1980s. For decades it’s been available both as a prescription and over-the-counter to help people deal with their digestive problems. This includes Sanofi and Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc. located in Ridgefield CT, who manufactured and distributed Zantac.
However, recent studies revealed that Zantac and other ranitidine products might cause dangerous cancers and many other health problems. This is because Zantac may contain a hazardous chemical named NDMA. In response to these studies, many companies have recalled their products and pulled them from the market. This includes Sanofi and Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc. located in Ridgefield CT, who manufactures and distributes Zantac.
Do I Qualify for a Zantac Lawsuit in Stamford?
To qualify for Zantac lawsuits, you need to show that you took it through a prescription or over-the-counter and that you’ve suffered harm. Prescription records, store receipts, and your medical records can help show that you actively took Zantac.
Once that’s established, you’ll also need to prove you’ve been injured or suffered medical problems because of taking Zantac or other ranitidine medications. If you’ve suffered cancer or other medical problems, your doctors can help you understand if your issues may be related to Zantac.
If you have questions about whether you qualify for a Zantac cancer lawsuit, speak with our Zantac lawsuit attorneys today. Through a lawsuit, you and your lawyer can pursue the compensation and justice you deserve.
What Is the Risk of NDMA in Zantac?
Zantac and other ranitidine medications can be dangerous because of the presence of a chemical named nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA), which may be a carcinogen. The manufacturing processes companies use to produce Zantac and other medications may be responsible for creating the chemical. Also, the levels of the chemical may even rise the longer the medicine sits on a shelf. These elevated levels of NDMA are dangerous because people who ingest NDMA could develop cancer.
The cancers you can develop because of NDMA aren’t limited to your digestive tract. Because of how the body breaks down and distributes chemicals, NDMA can cause cancer throughout the body. NDMA can cause a wide range of cancers, from liver and kidney cancer to lung and pancreatic cancer.
If you’ve taken Zantac, or other ranitidine medications, speak with Zantac lawsuit attorneys about your options. They can let you know if you may qualify for a Zantac lawsuit and what you’ll need to prove as part of your case.
If you took Zantac and you are experiencing unexpected medical problems or symptoms of any of the cancers discussed above, talk with a doctor to understand what is going on, then speak with a lawyer about your options.
Contact a Zantac Cancer Lawyer in Stamford Today
If you’re facing cancer and you’ve been taking Zantac, contact Wocl Leydon, LLC now. Dangerous drugs should never be on the market, and we know how painful it can be when your medication harms rather than heals.
Our Zantac lawsuit attorneys are ready to listen to you and to seek the full and fair compensation that you deserve. We’ll never hand you off to a paralegal, and our attorneys will work with you directly from start to finish.
When you’re facing health problems after taking Zantac, remember you are not alone in this fight. We’re here for you. For your free and confidential consultation, call us or contact us online now.